Guacamole with peas, who knew they'd make a perfect pair? Why with peas? Not only do peas give this dip a nice texture, they also add fibre, protein, and vitamins.
Avocados are full of healthy essential fats, making them extremely satisfying and a great base for dip. There are so many great ways to enjoy this delicious guacamole. Try it with corn chips, on sprouted bread, in a wrap or topped on a salad!
- 1 cup green split peas (or frozen green peas, blanched) cooked
- 4 green onions 2 inch slices
- 3-5 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander ground
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules or 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large Haas avocados ripe
- 3/4 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 jalapeno chili finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Put peas, green onions, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, garlic, parsley, jalapeno and salt into the food processor and process until the mixture is well blended and smooth.
- Cut avocados in halves, remove pits and scoop out flesh into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Mash avocados and mix in ingredients from the food processor.
- Stir in the tomatoes, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips, slices of jicama or whole grain crackers.
Recipe sourced from Marni Wasserman.
If you have a favourite recipe and you would like to see it featured in a
future newsletter, we invite you to submit your recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org